Culmore UMC: Who We Are
Culmore is an ethnically diverse, socially active Christian community. Our Sunday worship is an informal blend of the contemporary and the traditional. Culmore UMC is active in the local community and supports a vibrant food ministry while our building houses the Fairfax Boys and Girls Club. Members of Culmore are socially conscious and serve with a number of community based NGO's. The strongest defining characteristic of Culmore is warmth and the spirit of its people.
- Multicultural: Culmore UMC is made up of members from many different countries representing a myriad of culturally diverse communities who worship and serve together in solidarity and harmony.
- Service-Oriented: Culmore has a passion for giving back to the community. Whether it is through the garden market that we operate in conjunction with he Capital Area Food bank, through our ESL program or because our member's participation on the boards of ACCA, the Fairfax Boys and Girls Club, or involvement with prison ministry--people at Culmore are aware of and engaged with the community.
- "Thy Will be Done:" The second petition of the Lord's prayer is something that we at Culmore take seriously. We do this by endeavoring to weave our Christian values into the fabrics of how we live out our daily lives.
- Spirituality and Prayer: At Culmore spiritual formation and prayer are a priority. We believe in the power of intercessory prayer, and prayer ministry is a key component of our Sunday worship as well as in our daily spiritual practice.
- Christian Education: Weekly Bible study is an important part of congregational life at Culmore UMC. Bible study takes place in the Pastor's study each Wednesday from 10:00Am - 11:30. The study group is made up of Culmore members and people from other churches and denominations. All are welcome!
- Loving & Welcoming: We're an eclectic group with open doors, hearts and minds. Perhaps our diversity makes us so welcoming and engaging; whatever the reason, we welcome friends and strangers alike.